Clear, color / Select / 48" x 96" / Cut-To-Size
Sold by: Precision Plastics | SKU: ???
Need a Quote?
Property: Acrylic-Plexiglass Sheeting
Density: ???? lbs./in. 3| ???? lbs./ft.3
Yield Tensile Strength: ???
Other Colors: White, Black
Call (855) 268-6397Call To Place Order
Click To Get A Quote Today
Acrylic, commonly known as Plexiglass, is a transparent thermoplastic material widely used for various applications. Acrylic sheeting, also referred to as acrylic-Plexiglass sheeting, offers several characteristics that make it popular in different industries.
Here are some key features and applications of acrylic-Plexiglass sheeting:
TRANSPARENCY AND OPTIC CLARITY - Acrylic-Plexiglass sheets provide excellent transparency, allowing high light transmission. They offer optical clarity similar to glass, making them suitable for applications where visibility is crucial, such as windows, displays, and signage.
VERSATILITY IN FABRICATION - Acrylic-Plexiglass sheets can be easily cut, drilled, machined, and thermoformed into different shapes and sizes, allowing for customization and flexibility in design. They can be fabricated to fit specific project requirements and create intricate designs.
IMPACT RESISTANT -Acrylic-Plexiglass sheets are known for their impact resistance. They are more durable and shatter-resistant than glass, making them a safer alternative in applications where breakage is a concern, such as protective barriers and safety glazing.
- Chemical Resistance:
These applications showcase the versatility and advantages of acrylic-Plexiglass sheeting in various industries. Its transparency, impact resistance, lightweight nature, and ease of fabrication make it a popular choice for many applications where a glass-like appearance is desired with added durability.
It's important to note that acrylic-Plexiglass sheets can often be custom-cut to specific sizes and shapes to suit individual project requirements. We offer cutting services, allowing you to order sheets in precise dimensions that meet your needs. Give us a call to place your order at
|48" x 120"||¼”|
|48" x 120"||⅜”|
|48" x 120"||½”|
|48" x 120"||¾”|
|48" x 120"||1”|
|ABS Sheeting||Table header 1|
|Density (lbs./in.3 | lbs./ft.3)||0.0335 | 57.9|
|Tensile Yield Strength (psi)||3100|
|Elongation @ Break||350%|
|Continuous Service Temperature||180℉|
|Hardness, Shore D||62 - 66|
|Moisture Absorption @ Saturation||0.01%|
The information contained herein includes typical values intended for reference and comparison purposes only. This information should NOT be used as a basis for design specifications or quality control. Field testing is recommended for any application.
*Chem is an abbreviation for chemically affixed with glues, chemicals, or adhesives.
**Mech is an abbreviation for mechanically affixed bonding.
CNC Machinery + Different Sheet Sizes = Anything You Want
Don’t need a full sheet? No problem. We can cut pieces to your specifications. And you can pick up the same day.
Confirm your specs. Wait a few minutes. Then walk out with your pieces. It’s really that simple.
Polycarbonate is a versatile material that finds a wide range of applications across various industries. Some common applications of polycarbonate include:
- Windows and Glazing: Acrylic-Plexiglass sheets are frequently used as window replacements, particularly in situations where shatter-resistant properties are required. They offer clarity, impact resistance, and weatherability, making them suitable for both residential and commercial applications.
- Signage and Displays: Acrylic-Plexiglass sheets are popular for creating signage, lightboxes, and displays. Their transparency, ease of fabrication, and ability to transmit light make them ideal for advertising, retail, and exhibition purposes.
- Protective Barriers and Shields: Acrylic-Plexiglass sheets are used to create protective barriers, shields, and guards in various settings. They provide a clear view while offering impact resistance, making them suitable for applications such as cashier shields, sneeze guards, and safety barriers.
- Art and Crafts: Acrylic-Plexiglass sheets are commonly used in art and craft projects. Artists and hobbyists appreciate their clarity, ease of cutting, and ability to be shaped into desired forms. They can be used for paintings, sculptures, laser-cut designs, and more.
- Lighting Fixtures and Diffusers: Acrylic-Plexiglass sheets are used in lighting applications as diffusers to distribute light evenly. They provide excellent light transmission and can be customized to create desired lighting effects.
- Retail Displays and Shelving: Acrylic-Plexiglass sheets are favored in the retail industry for creating displays, shelving, and product stands. They offer a clean and modern aesthetic while allowing products to be showcased effectively.
- Medical Equipment and Devices: Acrylic-Plexiglass sheets are used in medical equipment and devices, including incubators, isolation boxes, and protective covers. They offer clarity, ease of sterilization, and impact resistance, making them suitable for healthcare settings.
- Industrial Applications: Acrylic-Plexiglass sheets find utility in various industrial settings. They are used as machine guards, protective covers, and components for equipment due to their durability, impact resistance, and ease of fabrication.
- Automotive Applications: Acrylic-Plexiglass sheets are employed in automotive applications such as windshields, side windows, and sunroofs. They offer impact resistance, lightweight properties, and excellent optical clarity, contributing to overall vehicle safety and aesthetics.
Call Us Today (855) 268-6397 Or Submit Your Info To Be Contacted
Receive your personalized quote in less than 24 hours.Call Today!